Do YOU know what a writer's club is. If you looked it up it would say awesome, buddy buddy kind of awesome. And yes if you could deduce I went to tone today. No not just one, but TWO writer's club. The first one was a lucky walk in. For three years I was wondering why a university campus did not have a creative writing club. It should be enshrined in the clubbing manifesto. Was it just that my university mine, was not literally interested? No actually they just have a lousy marketing team. Though that does help make it kind of a exclusive club which was good because having a club in a prof's office does make a bit of a squeeze. What we did was have all the new people just read their work and in a very professional manner did we comment and critique it. Quite nice to have a panel of chaps to give you a good clean dose of reality.
The second Writer's club in the evening was one at my local North York library. There was quite more roomier a near empty conference room with 10 or so people in it. Similar in which I decided to show the same work I had done before hand, which was back in time? Winston again story bit I mentioned in a earlier post. Also quite helpful and a great way to meet people that I will say.
So what did I learn? That my bit of story needs more exposition, more foreshadowing and its length is quite nice. That does make it easy to realize how unnecessarily long I was planning it for.
Oh well thanks for reading chaps and next time I might put in something else I write.
No comments:
Post a Comment